5 Signs You've Found The Right Home
Today's buyers know that when they find the right home, it is less about price and more about meeting their needs now and for years to come.
1. There's room for change- P
ut your visionary hat on and think about the space you might need in the next 7-10 years. Marriage, kids, empty nests, and mother in-law suites are all life events that will influence your housing needs.
2. The upkeep won't break you- The cost of owning a home can vary greatly based on location, condition, construction date and other factors. Be sure to talk with your real estate agent about the average maintenance costs of a home in the neighborhood you're interested in.
3. Tackling repairs- Hire certified contractors and get firm estimates of the projects you want to address in your potential home. Also, ask your agent about home warranties to minimize costs of some repairs.
4. Amenities fit your lifestyle- Homeowners association fees can be a great investment if the benefits have value to you.
5. Commute- Proximity to all of the places you frequent; work, school, and shopping are all places it may be important to be near.